The Montreal Dragon Boat Challenge is co-produced by H2oplayground and 22 Dragons.Following the disappearance of the Montreal dragon boat festival, the Montreal Challenge takes over and is on its way to become the biggest annual gathering of dragon boat teams in Montreal. In 2014, we will host teams from the United States, Ontario and the Maritimes! The level of competition will be very high in the sport category and the Challenge will be a good opportunity for all sports teams to prepare for the CCWC. The Montreal Dragon Boat Challenge is the second leg of the triple crown and will be held for the second time.
Like the H2o Open, the Challenge is sanctioned by Dragon Boat Canada and will serve as an official qualifying round for the eligibility process for the Canadian championship.
- Mixed: Sport & Community
- Women: Sport, Community, Breast cancer survivor.
- Men: Sport
- Before June 1st: $800.00 plus tax per team (919,80$)
- After June 1st: 850$ plus tax per team (977,29$)
Registration: (starts on March 1st 2014):
- Register your team and paddlers online.
- Send your payment to H2oplayground.
- Format: Saturday: 3 races of 500m; Sunday 1 race of 2000m (with turns). Points will be to each teams according to their results.
- Points will be given to each team according to the results from the races. Points System.
- Starting blocks will be used to align the boats perfectly.
- DBC rules will be used.
- Community division: All members of the crew must wear PFDs during the races.
- Sport division member of Dragon Boat Canada: PFDs are recommended, but not mandatory.
- Drummers are mandatory for all races.
- Waiver form (English)
- Food concession on site.
- Accommodation: Special price for dragon boat Contact: Yazid Lallami, Trade Commissioner, SANDMAN HOTEL MONTREAL LONGUEUIL T.450-442-5800 x2023, email@example.com
For more information on Challenge MTL 2014, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Official DBC Sport Event.