As the first competition of the season on the dragon boat provincial circuit, the H2o Open is now a major event for the SPORT and COMMUNITY teams. 2016 will be the 8th year for the Open, and we are expecting more than 60 teams at the Montreal Olympic Basin. For the sport category, the event will be sanctioned by Dragon Boat Canada.
First round of the 2016 triple crown:
2016 will be the fourth season for the triple crown circuit. There are three rounds in the championship: H2o Open (May), Challenge MTL (July) and Coupe du Québec (September ). The three rounds take place at the Montreal Olympic Basin. For more information on the triple crown, click here.
Triple crown circuit – Points system:
New Division system:
- Sport Division* = Division 1 et 2 (Mixed Category: Teams need to race with the same number of men and women. 10/10 or 8/8)
- Communauty Division = Division 3 (Mixed Category: Team must have a minimum of 10 women).
- 600$ plus tax (689,85$)
- Register your team and paddlers online (Start on March 15th 2016)
- Credit card payment (by phone with Square)
- Or send your payment to H2oplayground by check at 11 1st Avenue, Lasalle, QC H8P 2E4.
- Location: Montreal Olympic Bassin (OUR HOME!)
- Format: 2 x 500m, 1 x 1000m (subject to change)
- Starting blocks will be used to align the boats perfectly
- DBC rules will be used.
- Community division: All members of the crew must wear PFDs during the races.
- Sport division member of Dragon Boat Canada: PFDs are recommended, but not mandatory.
- Drummers are mandatory.
- Official schedule available 2 days before the event.
Sponsors, vendors, exhibitors:
- Contact us if you will like to offer your company, services or products a great opportunity and exposure.
- For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each year many volunteers contribute to make the H2o Open a well-organized event that satisfies all participants and supporters.
- Come to have fun with us! Contact us at email@example.com
- Special price for dragon boat team
- Sandman Hotel is at only one metro station from the Olympic Bassin (Parc Jean Drapeau)
- Contact: Yazid Lallami, 450-442-5800 x2023, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payable directly on site (Parking meter, Parc Jean Drapeau rates)
For more information on H2o Open 2016, contact us at email@example.com
Official DBC Qualifier event for Nationals 2016